Senior Software Developer (Ruby on Rails)
TRX is a TV industry B2B startup (just over three years old), well funded and with some excellent clients including BBC, Sky, Lionsgate, Studio Canal. We're a super friendly team of around 25 staff working out of Somerset House. Our mission is to solve some significant problems in the industry whilst having fun.
We're agile but not overly heavy on agile process. My philosophy is small teams of experienced developers and to give a lot of autonomy to the team. We're currently growing from four to six devs.
We have a robust rails app with a high-quality codebase with decent test coverage and philosophy of minimising tech debt as we go. We're currently shipping once or twice a week but would ideally be doing daily.
Our Stack: Rails, React + Redux, AWS
Our values: Test first, Everyone is DevOps, Lots of pairing. MVP all features, consensus decision making, everyone works across the app.
What we offer:
- Decent pay (circa £600pd contract / £70-£80k perm)
- 4.5 day work week (half-day Fridays)
- A great office location (Somerset House, London)
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 5% matching contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Grant of company share options after one year (subject to review)
- Cycle-2-work scheme
- Maternity leave: 6 months at full pay (subject to eligibility requirements and other conditions)